During 2013, I covered a lot of territory within the practice of place and destination branding, many posts included places around the world. Blogs covered many locations in the USA, as well as Australia, India, Europe, and Canada, and even Disneyland generated considerable interest.
But it was the more hands-on information involving “how tos” that recorded the most attention. Interestingly, many of the most popular related to sections from my book, “Destination Branding for Small Cities”.
1. January: Disney “Commandments” = Great Learning for Cities and Downtowns
2. February: What is Branded Wayfinding?
3. February: Fifteen Common Place Branding Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
4. April: Developing a Place Brand Calls for a Different Approach
5. April: Change Management is at the Heart of Successful City Branding
6. May: Successful City Branding: Don’t Hire a Painter if You Need an Architect.
7. June: What is The Most Influential Destination Logo Ever Created?
8. September: How Has Digital Changed Destination Touchpoints?
9. October: Visitor Experiences are Still Job #1. Only More so!
10. October: A Destination Brand is Still a Brand
I hope that our paths meet over the coming year. Have a Happy New Year and a very successful 2014.